Kindle books, or eBooks, make excellent gifts for the book lovers in your life. Read on to learn more about how to gift an eBook on Amazon, and also how to properly gift an eBook on Amazon that YOU self-published.
Can You Gift an eBook on Amazon?
Yes, it’s quick and easy to gift a Kindle eBook to someone. Go to Amazon.com and search for the title of the book that you want to gift. Underneath the “Buy Now” button, you will see an option to buy the book for others. Click on the “Buy for Others” button. Then fill in the recipient’s email address, your email address, and add a note. Lastly, click on the “Place your order” button to gift the book. Voila! You’re all done!
Can I Gift an eBook on Amazon that I Self-Published?
What are my Options When Sending my eBook on Amazon as a Gift to Someone?
You can promote your book by purchasing them in single units to send to individual people or readers; or you can buy multiple copies to offer to a larger audience at one time..
- Buy for Others – eBook gift (single copy): You can gift a single eBook. When you gift an eBook, the recipient receives a redemption code and can choose to accept your eBook gift by redeeming the code or exchanging it for a gift card.
- Buy for Others – Prepaid eBooks (single and multiple copies): You can purchase one or multiple prepaid eBooks as a gift in a single order. Amazon will create a set of redemption links (instead of codes), one link for each copy of the book.
- The purchaser (You) can refund any unredeemed copies within 60 days or you can can choose to re-gift them at any time. Note: Recipients of these redemption links cannot exchange eBooks for gift cards or other products.
How do I Gift My eBook on Amazon?
To purchase your eBook as a single copy gift, go to Amazon.com, visit the eBook’s detail page, and find “Buy for Others.” Choose “1” for your quantity. And then enter the recipient’s email address so Amazon can send the ebook to the person on your behalf.
To buy Prepaid eBooks as either a single and multi-copy purchase to gift to others, go to Amazon.com, visit the eBook’s detail page, and find “Buy for Others.” Choose your quantity (greater than 1). And then enter the recipient’s email address so Amazon can send the ebook to the person on your behalf. Complete your purchase.
- If you didn’t send all copies at checkout, you will get an email from Amazon with instructions on how to get your redemption links for the remainder of your Prepaid eBooks.
- You can also go to Your Account › Your Orders › Manage eBooks to copy and send any redemption links to your future recipients as you wish.
If I gift my eBook to someone, how does this affect my Royalties?
- Buy for Others – eBook gift (single copy): Royalties will accrue only if the recipient redeems the title.
- Buy for Others – Prepaid eBooks (single and multiple copies): Royalties accrue and sales will appear in your reports only after a title is redeemed.
For either of the above options, your royalties will be based on the book price and royalty option you selected at the time the Kindle gift was purchased.
If I gift my eBook to someone, can they leave an Amazon Verified Purchase review?
Yes, if you gift your ebook to someone (single copy), and they leave a review, it will say Amazon Verified Purchase. Most people agree that these reviews are more credible than ones that are not an Amazon Verified Purchase. They just seem to carry more weight.
Interested in Learning More About Self-Publishing on Amazon KDP?
📖Looking for Additional Reading?
- IngramSpark Vs KDP: What Are The Key Differences?
- 21+ Amazon KDP Low-Content Book Ideas
- BISAC Codes And Amazon KDP
- 11 Reasons Why RDNs Need To Self-Publish On Amazon KDP
- All About Low Content Books [Amazon KDP]
- How To Create Amazon A+ Content For Books
- Understanding KDP Book Printing Costs
- KDP Book Sizes: How To Select The Right One
- ISBNs For eBooks: Do You Need One?
- All About Barcodes For Books
- What Is Amazon KDP Expanded Distribution?
- How To Get Your Book Noticed On Amazon
- Understanding Amazon KDP Select – Pros And Cons