Let’s dive into some November blog post ideas for our content calendars. Can you believe it’s almost Thanksgiving already? I’ve even been getting tons of Black Friday emails, too! The grocery stores have already set up their holiday baking displays. And every time I go food shopping, I pass by the huge display of flour, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, pie crusts and more holiday ingredient goodness. Thanksgiving is ALL about the food. So let’s share the inspiration with our clients and patients.
My Favorite Season
The fall season has to be my favorite season, hands down. With all the fall activities, like apple picking, pumpkin picking, and corn mazes, there is something to keep you and your family busy every weekend. Most of all, I love fall ingredients like apple cider, pumpkin, and root vegetables like roasted sweet potatoes and carrots, as well as, butternut squash soup, or chili and beef stew in the slow cooker. I especially love the smell of apples and cinnamon in my house this time of year. It’s so soothing and comforting.
November really does encompass all things associated with comfort – from family and friends to Thanksgiving dinner. With this “comfort” theme, there are so many great topics we can cover in our blogs and social media calendars during the month of November, whether it’s food related or health and wellness related. In this article, I’m sharing ways you can integrate more into your November month calendar.
Planning Your November Blog Post Ideas Early
It’s always a good rule of thumb to plan at least three months ahead of time when it comes to content planning on your blog and social media. But let’s be real. Life happens. Sometimes we get caught up in the day-to-day and then realize the 1st of the month is here and no content has been planned for that month. I hope this article helps you build out your ideas and generates some content inspiration for your November month calendar.
The purpose of building content around existing food holidays and trends is to stay relevant and provide content that people are already searching for on Google. Let’s take a deeper dive into what’s going on in November.
Customize and Create November Blog Post Ideas Around Your Ideal Client
At times, coming up with new and exciting topics for your blog, educational materials, presentations, social media posts and more, can be quite exhausting. Try to approach it from a different angle where you are taking advantage of existing food holidays and themes that are already gaining some traction throughout the month. Customize and build out content around your niche to best serve and reach your audiences.
For example, November is National Diabetes Month. There are many ways you can customize this one depending on who your target client is for your business – moms, kids, health professionals, educators, diabetics who want to lose weight, diabetics who also follow a gluten-free diet, etc.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you trying to build a checklist for a caregiver who needs to go shopping for a diabetic parent but doesn’t know what to buy?
- Are you working with children who have type 2 diabetes and they want to know what they can eat for Thanksgiving dinner and dessert without sending their blood sugars through the roof?
- Do you want to focus on creating a list of brands of your favorite products at a certain local retailer to help your client shop during the Thanksgiving holiday?
There are numerous angles you can take with each of the below themes and holidays depending on who you are trying to reach.
Below, you’ll find some links to resources where you can dig deeper into each topic, as well as a list of brands, associations or commodity groups that have consumer-friendly educational resources and/or have a history of collaborating with registered dietitian nutritionists. (*Note – this is by no means an all-inclusive list of resources. It’s meant to spark inspiration. There are no affiliate links below.)
Let’s take a look at what November blog post ideas you can incorporate into your calendar…
Highlight These November Blog Post Ideas in Your Content Calendar
1. National Diabetes Month
November is all about diabetes education and awareness. It’s a time when communities across the country raise awareness around prediabetes and diabetes management. Below are a few resources from national organizations that always provide a ton of great resources for both health professionals and consumers.
Resources from National Organizations and Brands
- National Institute of Health – National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) – has a 2022 National Diabetes Month Toolkit available on their website. The theme this year is “Diabetes Management: It Takes a Team.” The toolkit includes an educational flyer on tips to manage prediabetes (available in both English and Spanish), social media content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and additional resources for health professionals. Be sure to check it out.
- American Diabetes Association – The American Diabetes Association’s theme for National Diabetes Month in 2022 is “Today’s Diabetes Hits Different.” This website is a great resource for both health professionals and consumers, alike. Whether someone is a newly diagnosed patient or is learning more about how to best manage their diabetes, there is a plethora of information and resources available on their website.
- International Diabetes Federation – The World Diabetes Day 2022 Toolkit outlines the overarching theme of “Education to Protect Tomorrow” And it’s available in English and Spanish.
Some Additional Resources from Associations & Commodity Groups
- California Almonds has a Diabetes and Your Diet Handout
- California Walnuts has a page dedicated to Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Lentils.org has a blog article on Using Lentils to Help Manage Type 2 Diabetes
- Egg Nutrition Center recently published a blog discussing a new study that shows value of eggs as part of a plant-based diet for people at risk for diabetes.
- Hass Avocado Board (Love One Today) has a page on Avocados and Type 2 Diabetes Management
2. National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month
Creamy or crunchy? or both? During PB Lover’s Month, you can enjoy all things peanut butter. Whether you enjoy eating some straight out of the jar (guilty!), or spreading some on toast or banana slices, there are so many ways you can enjoy peanut butter in November.
3. National Sweet Potato Awareness Month
Sweet potatoes will most likely make it to your Thanksgiving dinner in one way, shape, or form. Whether you like them mashed, baked, or as a dessert (sweet potato pie, anyone?), sweet potatoes are a staple root vegetables when it comes to fall and winter meals. They are nutritious, affordable, and accessible.
Highlight These Awareness Days in Your November Content Calendar
Aside from monthly highlights, there are a few noteworthy days to also add to your content calendar this month including:
4. World Vegan Day (11/1)
World Vegan Day celebrates all things plant-based and the benefits of living a vegan lifestyle. Some ways you can incorporate this day in your content calendar includes: highlighting a vegan recipes on your blog or on social media, host a challenge for people to try going vegan for 10 days, or sharing a shopping list with your subscribers that features vegan brands from local retailers in the area.
5. National Sandwich Day (11/3)
This is a fun one. There are so many angles you can take with National Sandwich Day. You can discuss the different bread options or alternative options to bread that can still create a “sandwich,” like Bibb lettuce or Portobello mushrooms. You can mention the most popular American sandwiches out there (ie cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, PB&J) and how you can make healthier, more nutritious alternatives to those staples.
6. National Nachos Day (11/6)
Nachos are such a crowd pleaser. Feature nacho recipes on your blog or social media. Discuss how you can change up the protein depending on your preference – chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, or just beans. And you have to mention all the fixin’s.
7. World Greek Yogurt Day (11/9)
Greek yogurt is a great grab and go snack option for many. You can enjoy it at breakfast or as a snack. You can also use it in baking for muffins, breads, and other desserts. On the flip side, Greek yogurt can also be dressed up as a savory dip with herbs and spices. Not only is Greek yogurt so versatile in the kitchen, but there are so many health and wellness benefits to consuming this product on a daily basis. You can highlight its nutrient profile and discuss the benefits of protein and probiotics found in yogurt.
8. World Diabetes Day (11/14)
Reference the resources and links above that were mentioned for National Diabetes Day.
9. National Eat a Cranberry Day (11/23)
The Cranberry Institute – They have a “Healthcare Professionals” tab on their website with additional educational resources, as well as research under the “Health Research” tab.
10. Thanksgiving (11/24)
This can (and maybe should be?!) an entire post on its own. There are so many resources out there for Thanksgiving recipes and menu planning. I would encourage you to identify the ingredient(s) you are looking to incorporate in your recipe or menu and search for brands or the association or commodity groups that represents that ingredient as an industry. Chances are that you will find a ton of resources, like educational materials, more recipes for inspiration, and research on the health benefits of that ingredient.
Don’t forget to run in your local Turkey Trot 5K this year if you can participate! You’ll be glad you did when your sitting down at the table later munching on all that delicious goodness.
11. National Parfait Day (11/25)
Enjoy your very own yogurt parfait by making one for breakfast, lunch, snack, or even dessert. Select the yogurt of your choice, and top it with your favorite granola and fruit.
What types of content could you build around these November blog post ideas?
- Patient/Client Education Materials
- Shopping Lists
- Top 10 Lists
- Meal Plans
- Blog Articles
- Pinterest Pins
- Instagram Posts
- Images in Canva
- Online classes
- Cooking demos
- How-to Tutorials
- Social media copy
- Webpage copy
- Digital Downloads
- And more!
💡Looking for more monthly content inspiration?
- 15 January Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15 February Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 31+ March Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 14 April Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19+ May Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15+ June Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19+ July Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 12+ August Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15+ September Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19 October Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 13+ December Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians