March is full of health and wellness content ideas for RDNs. If you don’t already have your March blog post ideas planned out, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. March is an exciting month for many reasons. For registered dietitian nutritionists (RDN), we get to celebrate National Nutrition Month® and RDN Day on Wednesday, March 8th. But in addition to that, Spring is around the corner and that is reason enough to celebrate. Let’s dive into these March blog post ideas to fill up your content calendar in no time.
Within the themes or holidays listed below, you can customize each to fit the needs of your ideal client. Let’s take a closer look at these 31+ March blog post ideas for your content calendar.
12 March Blog Post Ideas – Food and Nutrition
- National Nutrition Month® (NNM) – NNM is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. “Fuel for the Future” is the theme for this year’s National Nutrition Month® campaign. Eating with sustainability in mind is a tasty way to nourish ourselves during every phase of life and protect the environment. A registered dietitian nutritionist can help you create healthy habits that are sustainable and celebrate your unique needs. The Academy offers a campaign toolkit for more ideas and inspiration throughout the month of March.
- National Noodle Month – Noodles are affordable, accessible, easy to make, and so versatile. Enjoy a noodle dish (or several!) this month.
- National Kidney Month – The National Kidney foundation offers a colorful infographic that highlights the ways your kidneys keep you healthy, problems kidney disease can cause, along with risk factors, symptoms, and tests you can take.
- Frozen Food Month – The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) offers a comprehensive toolkit for Frozen Food Month that includes artwork, social media posts, infographics, videos plus additional content like recipes to share in your communications.
- National Sauce Month – Elevate classic dishes with sweet, savory, or even tangy sauces this month. Share some of your favorite sauce recipes. Be sure to highlight pesto sauce and chimichurri sauce this month as green is the theme this month.
- National PB Lover’s Day (3/1) – The National Peanut Board shares 5 different ways to enjoy peanut butter in recipes this month.
- National Cereal Day (3/7) – Have you walked down the cereal aisle lately? There are endless number of options available to you. Celebrate today with a bowl of cereal and milk as part of your morning routine! Aim to choose whole grain cereals and bump up the protein and fiber with nuts and fruit!
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day (3/8) – Celebrate today by reaching out to your favorite RDN and telling them how grateful you are for them! Reach out to fellow dietitian colleagues and friends and thank them for their contributions to the profession. If you’re looking to find a local RDN in your area, check out the Academy’s Find a Nutrition Expert tool.
- National Artichoke Hearts Day (3/16) – Celebrate by picking up some fresh or canned artichokes to add to your favorite recipes! While fresh artichokes may be a little difficult to prepare (at least for the beginner cook), canned artichokes can be found in oil, vinegar, and different marinades, making them easy, accessible, and versatile in the kitchen.
- Saint Patrick’s Day (3/17) – It’s time for everything green! You can celebrate by cooking up the traditional Irish-American meal of Corned Beef and Cabbage, made with brisket, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage.
- National Poultry Day (3/19) – This month is all about celebrating poultry, and for many Americans that primarily means chicken and turkey. The National Chicken Council features many recipes on their consumer facing website, the Chicken Rooster. National Turkey Federation highlights many turkey recipes on their website. Let’s celebrate America’s turkey farmers as they are continually working to make it easier than ever to bring turkey to the table in a variety of delicious and nutritious ways.
- National Spinach Day (3/26) – Spinach is one of the most versatile vegetables. You can enjoy it at every meal. Add spinach to omelets for breakfast, have a spinach salad with goat cheese, beets, and walnuts for lunch, and enjoy sautéed spinach with garlic and olive oil for dinner as a side dish. Check out Taste of Home’s post on 95 Ways to Use a Fresh Bag of Spinach.
9 More March Blog Post Ideas – What’s Trending
- Check out Google Trends to see what topics are trending this month
- Visit AnswerThePublic.com to see the user intent behind different trending keywords
- March is National Reading Month and Read Across America Day (3/2) – Share a list of your favorite cookbooks, business books, professional development books, etc.
- Create a list of Spring vegetables to highlight
- Share classic St. Patrick’s Day recipes to celebrate
- Share a green smoothie recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
- Celebrate Pi Day (3/14)
- Highlight recipes for March Madness (Think dip recipes so people can dunk ‘n dip. Get it?)
- Share benefits of visiting your local Farmer’s Markets – Find your local farmer’s market
11 More March Blog Post Ideas – Promote Other RDNs (and yourself!)
- Share a behind the scenes or “A Day in the Life Of” story on Instagram
- Promote a few of your favorite RDNs that you follow on Instagram
- Interview a colleague and share the Q&A on the blog
- Do an IG live with a fellow RDN on a trending topic
- Highlight dietetic students and interns as #RD2Bes on your social media
- Have a fellow RDN be a guest blog author
- Create a new freebie and ask readers to subscribe to your e-newsletter
- Offer a March promotional discount on a service or product you offer during National Nutrition Month®.
- Repurpose existing articles that can be tailored to the Spring season
- Highlight a quote that means something to you
- Share a favorite book or product created by another RDN.
PLUS – 19 Ways to Share Your March Blog Post Ideas with Your Audience
- Patient/Client Education Materials
- Shopping Lists
- Top 10 Lists
- Meal Plans
- Snack Ideas
- Blog Articles
- Instagram Posts
- Worksheets and Workbooks
- Canva images
- Online courses
- Cooking demos
- How-to Tutorials
- Social media copy
- Web copy
- Digital Downloads
March is full of health and wellness content ideas, especially with National Nutrition Month®. being the center of attention. Lean into some of these March blog post ideas to help alleviate some of that pressure when trying to think about what you’ll write about next. Join conversations that are already taking place online and tailor them to your ideal client so you can customize your message and help provide solutions to their problems.
Be sure to check out my blog for useful tips and tricks when it comes to reading, writing, editing, proofreading, and content inspiration!
Looking for more content inspiration? Check out The Dietitian Editor Content Inspiration and Planning Workbook.
Be sure to check out my blog for useful tips and tricks when it comes to self-publishing, writing, editing, proofreading, and content inspiration!
💡Looking for more monthly content inspiration?
- 15 January Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15 February Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 14 April Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19+ May Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15+ June Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19+ July Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 12+ August Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 15+ September Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 19 October Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 11 November Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians
- 13+ December Blog Post Ideas For Dietitians