As self-publishing continues to gain popularity, especially on Amazon, it’s important to find profitable niches to target with your books. While high-content books can be profitable, low and lower content books can also be a great way to generate income. In this article, we’ll explore 10 profitable low content book niches that you can tap into to create a successful book, from guided meditations to travel planners and more.
What is Amazon/KDP?
KDP stands for Kindle Direct Publishing. It’s Amazon’s self-publishing platforms. Here you can create e-books for Kindle or paperback book that are available print-on-demand.
Have you always wanted to write a book but have been struggling to find the time or energy to write that perfect manuscript? Low-content books can be the solution to your problem. It’s a simple way to become a published author – with minimal writing skills required.
What is a Low-content Book?
Low content or (no content) books are books that have little to know text or images. They provide the reader with guided content like in workbooks, journals, notebooks, etc. They encourage the user to participate in the activities within the book. These books take little time to create, and it can help contribute to passive income streams.
What are “Lower” Content Books?
Although Amazon has their own definition of low content books, one of my favorite types of books to talk about is the world of “lower content books.” These are books that are great for dietitians to dive into and explore as another source of passive income. As dietitians there are an extensive number of niches that we can tap into from pediatrics and renal to diabetes and digestive disorders and so much in between. Our ideal clients can benefit from a variety of low and lower content books within all of these area.
Lower content books are similar to “low content books” but with more variety and less repetition among the pages, as well as more content in the interior file. Examples include symptom trackers, activity books, workbooks, coloring books, and more.
What are 10 Low Content (or Lower Content) Book Profitable Niches?
- Coloring Books – Coloring books have been popular for years and continue to be a great option for self-publishers. They require minimal content but can be very lucrative. There are many different niches to consider within coloring books, such as adult coloring books, children’s coloring books, and even niche-specific coloring books like those featuring animals or famous landmarks.
- Journals and Planners – Journals and planners are another low content option that can be profitable. These books often include blank pages with prompts or questions to help guide the user. Consider niches like health and fitness journals, productivity planners, or gratitude journals.
- Recipe Books – Recipe books can be a great option for those who want to self-publish but don’t want to write lengthy content. There are many different niches to consider within the recipe book category, such as vegan or vegetarian cookbooks, budget-friendly meal planning guides, or specialty recipe books like those focused on desserts or appetizers.
- Quote Books – Quote books are another low content option that can be profitable. These books often feature inspiring quotes or sayings on each page, with minimal additional content. Consider niches like motivational quote books, love quote books, or even quote books focused on specific topics like travel or adventure.
- Activity Books – Activity books are another great option for self-publishers. These books often include puzzles, mazes, or other activities, with minimal additional content. Consider niches like children’s activity books, brain-teaser books for adults, or even niche-specific activity books like those featuring crosswords or word searches.
- Gratitude Journals – Gratitude journals are similar to regular journals, but they focus specifically on helping the user cultivate a sense of gratitude and appreciation in their daily life. These journals typically feature prompts or questions to help the user reflect on things they are grateful for. Gratitude journals can be marketed towards a variety of audiences, including adults, children, and even specific niches like parents or teachers.
- Guided Meditations – Guided meditations can be a great option for those who want to create a low content book with audio components. These books often include a script for a guided meditation, with minimal additional content. Guided meditations can be marketed towards a variety of audiences, including those who are new to meditation, those who want to reduce stress or anxiety, or even those who are looking to improve their sleep.
- Daily Devotionals – Daily devotionals are books that include a short passage or reflection for each day of the year. These books can be marketed towards a variety of audiences, including those who are religious, spiritual, or simply looking for a daily dose of inspiration. Devotionals can be written for a specific audience or niche, such as those focused on parenting, leadership, or personal growth.
- Travel Planners – Travel planners are similar to regular planners, but they focus specifically on helping the user plan their travel itinerary. These books often include blank pages for the user to fill in with their travel plans, as well as tips and recommendations for things to do and see in their destination. Travel planners can be marketed towards a variety of audiences, including those who are planning a trip for business or pleasure, or even specific niches like solo travelers or families.
- Adult Activity Books – Adult activity books are similar to children’s activity books, but they are designed specifically for adults. These books often include puzzles, games, and other activities that are more challenging and complex than those found in children’s books. Adult activity books can be marketed towards a variety of audiences, including those who are looking for a fun and engaging way to unwind after a long day, or even specific niches like puzzle enthusiasts or fans of a particular TV show or movie.
There are many profitable niches to consider within the low and lower content book category. Coloring books, journals and planners, recipe books, quote books, and activity books are all great options to consider – but really the sky is the limit! Use your imagination, do your niche keyword research on Amazon, and provide a solution to a problem your ideal client has in order to be successful. By finding profitable low content book niches and creating a high-quality book, you can generate income while providing value to your readers.
Interested in Learning More About Self-Publishing on Amazon KDP?
Looking for Additional Reading?
- IngramSpark Vs KDP: What Are The Key Differences?
- 21+ Amazon KDP Low-Content Book Ideas
- BISAC Codes and Amazon KDP
- 11 Reasons Why RDNs Need To Self-Publish On Amazon KDP
- How To Create Amazon A+ Content For Books
- Understanding KDP Book Printing Costs
- KDP Book Sizes: How To Select The Right One
- ISBNs For eBooks: Do You Need One?
- All About Barcodes For Books
- How To Gift An eBook On Amazon
- What Is Amazon KDP Expanded Distribution?
- How To Get Your Book Noticed On Amazon
- Understanding Amazon KDP Select – Pros And Cons
- All About Low Content Books [Amazon KDP]